ADVANCED WASTEWATER TREATMENT TECHNOLOGIES
We provide all of the technologies for safe, environmentally compliant day-to-day wastewater treatment plant operations, regardless of size. Our solutions contribute to customized, efficient and cost-effective solutions covering the complete wastewater treatment cycle.
Among our latest projects:
Converting wastewater treatment plants into biorefineries capable of producing energy as well as valuable by-products such as biopolymers.
REUSE AND VALUE EXTRACTION
We apply technologies to recover calories from wastewater, produce biogas and fertilizersand promote energy-neutral wastewater treatment plants.
Other municipal wastewater reuse opportunities include irrigation, industrial processes, aquifer replenishment and green space and golf course maintenance.
By optimizing performance, extracting value and generating energy from our wastewater services, we help control costs and reduce the carbon footprint of clients in Paris, Lille and Marseille in France as well as Warsaw, Barcelona, Shenzen, Budapest, Dubai, Kingston (Canada), Copenhagen and The Hague.
Veolia Water Technologies is a world leader in delivering wastewater treatmentsolutions that respond to the diverse needs of municipalities.
6 MAIN PARAMETERS TO MEASURE THE POLLUTION OF WASTEWATER
BOD / COD (Biochemical Oxygen Demand/Chemical Oxygen Demand)
BOD : the quantity of oxygen consumed to achieve the biodegradation of any organic matter present in water.
COD : the quantity of oxygen consumed to achieve the biodegradation of any organic and inorganic matter in water.
- High BOD or COD = major pollution
- Impoverishment of oxygen in water = harmful aquatic environment for fish
TSS (Total Suspended Solids)
·Particules in the water, including floating and colloidal material, organic and inorganic coumpounds
·Can carry BOD
Effect: Affect water clarity
Ammonia, organic nitrogen, nitrates, nitrites
Effect: When in excess and in certain conditions, promotes algae growth in water bodies
Chemical elements contained in fertilizers and detergents
Effect: Promotes algae growth in aquatic environments (eutrophication)
Bacteria & Viruses
Biological pathogens (parasites, bacteria et viruses) issued by human and/or industrial activities
Effect: Adverse health effects when swimming or eating fish
Any natural or synthetic substances, including Phenols, organic coumpounds, medical wastes, metals, hydrocarbons, pesticides…
- Can affect water treatment
- Toxic to humans and aquatic environments
- EDC – Endocrine Disruptor Compounds = impact on living organisms hormonal balance
WASTEWATER TREATMENT OBJECTIVE
1. To reduce the amount of pollutants to such a level that:
- water can be returned to the environment without causing stress on aquatic life
- water quality is suitable for subsequent users
2. To comply with local discharge limits, and even exceed them
PROCESSES AND TECHNOLOGICAL SOLUTIONS
Veolia Water Technologies offers a full range of solutions and services to treat wastewater.
- Moving Bed Bio Reactor (MBBR) : Kaldnes™
- Rapid Dissolved Air Flottation (DAF) : Spidflow™
- Microscreen : Discfilter™
- Ballasted Floc Lamella Clarifier : Actiflo™
- Lamella Clarifier : Multiflo™
Compact combined process
- Biological Aerated Filter (BAF) : Biocarbone™ , Biostyr™ , Biostyr™ Duo
- Membrane Bio Reactor (MBR) : Biosep™ , Neosep™
- Sequenced Batch Reactor (SBR) : Ecobatch™ , Hybas™ SBR
- Sequenced Oxydation Ditch : BioDenipho™ & BioDenitro™
- Oxydation Ditch
- MBBR Pre-Treatment : BAS™
- Conventional Activated Sludge (CAS) : Azenit™
- Integrated Fixed film Activated Sludge (IFAS) : Hybas™
- Clarifier : Clariflo™
- Polishing Tools
- Micropollutant Tools
- Micropollutant Tools