Solutions addressing mine water issues
Veolia Water Technologies partners with exploration, engineering, and mining companies to solve their water issues, from production of potable water or desalinated water in remote locations to process water and wastewater solutions for all types of hard and soft rock mining sites.
We provide a full range of services including preliminary and detailed engineering, standard and custom water treatment equipment, project management, design-build and maintenance services as well as long-term operation.
Zero Liquid Waste
Veolia has developed a proprietary industrial water desalination technology, ZLW, which supports the stringent regulatory limitations in the mining industry. The ZLW approach is available through Veolia's Design Build and Design-Build-Operate contracts.
Water is an essential component of every mining project in the world. We understand the unique requirements of mine operations and our worldwide expertise in mine water issues allows us to offer specialized water treatment solutions that treat water and efficiently remove a wide range of contaminants such as heavy metals, arsenic, suspended solids, organics, iron, manganese and specific ions.
Focusing on system performance, compliance with process and environmental requirements and long-term cost-effectiveness, we are able to meet the most demanding standards of reliability, safety and quality.
- Tailings pond water treatment for reuse or discharge
- Gold / Silver cyanide solution treatment
- Merrill Crowe clarification filters
- Treatment of contaminated pit and underground mine water
- Reuse of mine water for irrigation
- Heavy Metals removal / Metal recovery
- Biological Nitrification / De-nitrification
- Brackish and sea water desalination with associated pipelines
- Effluent treatment
- Sulfate reduction
- Potable water and sanitary systems (mining camp)