Quality Plans Specific to Each Project
Veolia's overall commitment to quality in work practice and Product and Service is defined through its Core and Support Quality Processes, as contained in a Project Delivery System (PDS). Through each of these Quality procedures, the Quality Management System is aligned with the goals and strategic direction of the organization.
The Quality Management System describes in detail the company's commitment:
- by demonstrating its ability to consistently provide quality Product and Service that meets customer, industry, and applicable regulatory requirements,
- by addressing customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement and the prevention of nonconformity,
- through employee empowerment, especially for innovative action to improve the company's performance, and
- through orderly change management that will maintain a high level of Product and Service in technologically complex and fast-paced environments, both to accommodate technological change and for continual improvement of the technical skill and capability.
This Quality Management System provides an overview of the quality policies and key requirements for the company. It is the source of reference for all matters dealing with quality. It is available for inspection by our customers, potential customers, third party quality auditors, and regulatory agencies.
- Veolia's office located in Plainfield, Illinois, USA is an ISO 9001:2008 facility (Certificate #30630), certified for engineering, procurement and project management.
- Fabrication and assembly of pressure piping by our Vandalia fabrication facility is performed in accordance with the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code. This facility is also UL 508A certified.