Enhancing Water and Wastewater Treatment for the Dairy Industry
As demand for milk, cheese, yogurt and other dairy products continues to grow, new technologies are helping to optimize and control major costs for dairy plants: water usage and energy consumption.
Veolia offers industry leading technologies for the reduction of water use and wastewater treatment improvement while ensuring continuous water supply compliant with state-of-the-art hygienic standards and regulatory requirements.
Our solutions are able to optimize energy usage inside the process and promote green gas production. They also can ensure by-products valorisation (animal feed, fertilizers, bioplastics) and improve some production yields.
Solutions for Specific Dairy Applications
Veolia has technological solutions for:
- Rinse Milk Recovery
- Cow Manure Co-digestion
- Phosphate Recovery
- Cow Water Reuse
- Upgrading of Secondary Effluent
Water Treatment Technologies that Reduce Environmental Footprint
Our technologies include solutions for process water, recycle systems, wastewater treatment and sludge management. Our goal is to help our customers reduce their environmental footprint through efficient processes that both reduce costs and limit risks in their daily operations. Technologies used by daries include:
- Biothane® Anaerobic Systems, for sustainable wastewater treatment, reduced carbon footprint, and waste-to-energy conversion
- ACTIFLO® clarification and softening, with a footprint up to 20 times smaller than conventional systems
- Memthane® Anaerobic MBR converts organics from high strength streams into sustainable energy (biogas) for improved profitability
- BiopROtector removes specific components that are responsible for membrane biofouling, minimizing RO system downtime
- AnoxKaldnes™ MBBR (Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor), a resilient biological system up to 3 times smaller than conventional biological systems for wastewater treatment
- NEOSEP™ MBR, membrane bioreactor for high quality effluent suitable for reuse in processes, irrigation, or discharge
- Whittier Filtration® solutions to reduce fine suspended solids down to less than one PPM with particle sizes to 0.5 micron, all in a one-step process
- Hydrotech™ Discfilters, for high-rate, robust filtration in a small footprint
- Hydrex™ water treatment chemicals and green additives