Case Study: Discfilter Treats Secondary Sewage for Cooling Water
Veolia was contracted to provide a solution for the treatment of up to 2,725m³/h (12,000 gpm) of sewage plant effluent for cooling tower make-up.
The Actiflo® process is an ideal solution for recycling valuable process water and providing pretreatment for boiler feed, product water and cooling tower make-up water to the power industry. Actiflo® has also proven to be very efficient for treatment of cooling tower blowdown and wastewater applications such as pond level reduction or elimination, including algae removal.
Hydrotech Discfilters achieve fine solids removal with a large filter area in a footprint 75% smaller than sand or multi-media filters. Its woven filter membrane is available with pore sizes as small as 10 microns. Automatic backwash and the modular filter panel design make maintenance easy. Discfilters are ideal for cooling tower make-up, blowdown or sidestream treatment, thanks to these patented features and proven performance.
Pond Management Solutions
Stop wastewater flows to existing ponds using wastewater treatment technologies:
Treat existing pond water to reduce volume of liquid, resulting in less pressure on the dam and pond floor. Easier to dewater remaining pond solids using:
Coal combustion residuals dewatering:
Focusing on system performance, compliance with process and environmental requirements as well as long-term cost-effectiveness, we are able to meet the most demanding standards of reliability, safety and quality.
In addition, emergency or planned temporary water treatment services are also available in many countries.
Total Project Capability & Services
Through a network of 135 business units worldwide, Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies experts manage complex projects for power generation clients at a local level.
An integrated approach ensures short lead times, reliable solutions, minimum risk and proactive service.
- Project management
- Pilot/ laboratory testing
- Design & build
- Installation & commissioning
- After-sales service
- Spare parts and consumables
- Water treatment chemicals
- Preventative maintenance
- Corrective maintenance
- Temporary and emergency water treatment solutions
- Remote monitoring and control
Meeting Clients' Needs
Veolia's water treatment engineers develop solutions for power generation clients that focus on this industry's key requirements:
- Reliability - avoiding costly downtime through proven technologies and local service
- Efficiency - developing solutions that help the client generate the maximum amount of electricity using the minimum amount of resources
- Compliancy - engineering systems that ensure compliance with environmental legislation while reducing the plant's water footprint
- Dependability - delivering the project on time avoids additional costs