ANITA™ Mox is a robust, single-stage nitrogen removal process with low carbon footprint based on the MBBR or IFAS platform.
The ANITA™ Mox process combines aerobic nitritation with anaerobic ammonia oxidation (anammox) in a single-stage reactor. ANITA™ Mox is designed in either the MBBR (Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor) or IFAS (Integrated Fixed-Film Activated Sludge) configuration to meet plant-specific treatment goals. Veolia's patented control strategy achieves ammonia removal higher than 90% and total nitrogen removal in the range of 75 to 85% without external carbon addition. ANITA Mox is also much more energy efficient when compared to conventional nitrification-denitrification.
Advantages of ANITA™ Mox:
- Simple Operation
- Robust system of media and effluent screens retains biomass in the reactor without the need for solids separation
- Proven robustness. Third party testing has demonstrated ANITA Mox's ability to withstand:
- Variations in Dewatering Schedules and Dewatering Starts/Stops
- High TSS and Swings in TSS
- High Polymer Residual
- High NO2-N Residual
- Compared with traditional ammonia removal, ANITA Mox requires 60% less oxygen and no external carbon