In addition, Hydrotech filters offer great flexibility for control of loading (BOD, COD and TP) to downstream biological treatment processes. As a result of the excellent capability for organic and phosphorus removal, Hydrotech filters can be applied in process configurations where subsequent biological treatment may not be required, such as auxilliary treatment of stormwater.
Primary Filter vs Primary Clarifier
- Compact (up to 90% less than conventional)
- TSS reduction ~50% up to 95% depending on design (with or w/o chemical addition)
- Lower energy costs due to reduced load on secondary treatment
- Increased solids capture for energy recovery
- Flexibility to control organic load to biological treatment
- Phosphorus removal capability
- Easy to install, operate, and maintain -> user friendly!
- Covered for reduced odor
- Can be used for a variety of applications (primary filtration, wet weather filtration, CSO treatment, SSO treatment, etc.)