The ACTIFLO® process can be provided in a convenient, cost effective package plant system for all applications of water and wastewater treatment. All configurations of the ACTIFLO® process can be provided in a prefabrication package plant system to include ACTIFLO® CARB, BIOACTIFLO™, ACTIFLO® Softening, ACTIFLO® with Membranes and ACTIFLO® with media filtration.
The pre-engineered Actiflo® Pack (ACP2 series) is a very compact standard package plant. The process is a highly efficient and proven clarification technology based on a strong 20+ year operating experience and over 750 references worldwide (2012).
In Actiflo® Pack (ACP2 series), water is flocculated with microsand and polymer in a Turbomix draft tube. The microsand enhances the formation of robust flocs and acts as ballast, significantly increasing their settling velocity. The unique characteristics of the resulting microsand ballasted flocs allow for clarifier designs with very short retention times, high rise rates and extremely compact system footprints that are up to 50 times smaller than other clarification processes of similar capacity. A hydrocyclone ensures the microsand continuous cleaning, recovery and reuse in the process.
Features & Benefits
• High treatment efficiency: Turbidity and TSS removal up to > 99%; treats all water and wastewater sources
• Extremely quick start-up time: Reaches treatment efficiency within a few minutes
• Process stability: The microsand buffers the effect of raw water flow or load variations, making the process very user friendly and easy to operate
• Quick optimization: Short hydraulic retention time makes it feasible for the process to adjust quickly to changing raw water quality
• Efficient use of chemicals: Microsand ballasted flocculation and settling helps to avoid common chemical overdosing to achieve good clarification performance
• Efficient in cold water applications: Suitable for use also in Nordic regions
• Compact design: Can be easily integrated and retrofitted into existing structures
• Modular: Units may be combined to achieve treatment of high flow rates
The BIOSTYR DUO system is a first-of-its-kind integration of Biological Aerated Filter (BAF) and Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor (MBBR) technologies. Biological treatment and filtration occur simultaneously within the system, and two separate media types are contained within the same treatment cell. Wastewater first flows through a dynamic MBBR media layer which provides a large surface area for biofilm growth and treatment. Flow then passes through the BIOSTYRENE media layer, which provides additional fixed film treatment and filtration as the water flows up through the fixed bed. The buoyant BIOSTYRENE media is retained by a concrete deck with multiple strainers, and the system uses a gravity driven backwash for excess solids removal with no pumping.
This innovative system offers significantly increased BOD and Ammonia loading rate capabilities compared to other BAF systems, while maintaining very low effluent BOD, TSS and Ammonia values.
Hydrotech for Primary Treatment
In addition, Hydrotech filters offer great flexibility for control of loading (BOD, COD and TP) to downstream biological treatment processes. As a result of the excellent capability to remove organic matter and phosphorus, Hydrotech filters can also be applied in process configurations where subsequent biological treatment isn't required, such as storm water treatment.
Primary Filter vs Primary Clarifier
- Compact (up to 90% less than conventional)
- TSS reduction ~50% up to 95% depending on design (with or w/o chemical addition)
- Lower energy costs due to reduced load on secondary treatment
- Increased solids capture for energy recovery
- Flexibility to control organic load to biological treatment
- Phosphorus removal capability
- Easy to install, operate, and maintain -> user friendly!
- Covered for reduced odor
- Can be used for a cariety of applications (primary, wet weather, CSO/SSO, etc.)
Customized biological solution in a standardized package
By integrating the Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor, biological treatment technology developed and mastered by Veolia subsidiary AnoxKaldnes over 25 years ago, the MBBR Pack meets market needs with a packaged solution.
Plug-and-Play. The MBBR Pack provides all the advantages of a conventional MBBR system, in a standard prefabricated, easy-to-install package. By combining the modules with each other, you get a packaged solution that can meet your specific plant needs.