Treating leachates to protect the environment.
Landfill leachate is a complex wastewater effluent with a high variability in its physico-chemical characteristics. Proper treatment of this type of water therefore requires significant attention.
Veolia’s large portfolio of advanced technologies and services makes any best-suited solution possible. We are experienced in designing systems that use both conventional and proprietary technologies to meet our clients’ needs with cost-effective and sustainable solutions.
A wide range of proven solutions for a wide range of needs
Septic sludge treatment
- Septage receiving station and sludge dewatering (SEPRAPAC®).
Leachate biological treatment
- Sequencing Batch Reactor (SBR) conventional process to remove the BOD₅.
- Moving Bed Biological Reactor support for nitrifying biomass (AnoxKaldnes™)
- Membrane Bio-Reactor for high-quality effluent suitable for reuse now a recommended technology for landfill leachate treatment (NEOSEP™)
Clarification process for TSS and metals removal
- High-Rate Dissolved Air Flotation is an efficient process for clarifying MBBR effluent (SPIDFLOW®).
- High Rate Clarifier for clarification and softening, with a footprint up to 20 times smaller than conventional systems. (ACTIFLO®)
PFAS treatment and Removal
- Ion Exchange & Activated Carbon (Hydrex™)
Featured Resources & Information