Fresh water scarcity and concerns for environmental impact resulting from industrial wastewater discharges place a high degree of importance on recycling and reuse of water, an increasingly valuable resource.
As regulatory issues, environmental sensitivity, and long term water supply concerns increase, many industrial companies are considering ways to reduce their water discharges with Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) technology.
Veolia has decades of innovation using evaporation and crystallization technology in many wastewater treatment applications including industry experience in volume reduction and ZLD solutions:
- Power Generation (fossil and nuclear fuel)
- Oil & Gas field produced water (conventional and unconventional)
- Oil & Gas Refining
- Chemical Processing and Manufacture
- SAGD (Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage, EOR)
- Mining and Ore Processing
- Industrial and Municipal Landfill
Veolia has the expertise to design and build wastewater reduction and ZLD systems of any size, anywhere in the world. Delivery of a project on a lump-sum, turnkey basis ensures that customers have a single point of responsibility. Veolia also specializes in operation and maintenance of the industrial ZLD facilities for a fixed term.
Process Experience for a Variety of Effluent Streams
Each effluent stream presents its own unique challenge when designing an entire ZLD water treatment system to efficiently and effectively minimize waste or eliminate the discharge of wastewater.
Veolia's experience in treating and managing these streams include specification and complete system design utilizing complementary water treatment expertise from Veolia Water Technologies such as deoiling, softening, clarification, and filtration for the following applications:
- Membrane System Reject (NF, MF, UF, RO)
- Cooling Tower Blowdown
- Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) Blowdown / Purge
- Produced Water (Conventional, Fracking, SAGD)
- Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) Gray Water
- Mine Drainage
- Refinery, Gas to Liquid (GTL), and Coal to Chemical (CTX) Wastewaters
- Scrubber Blowdown
- Demineralization Waste
- Landfill Leachate
Featured Resources & Information