Fresh water scarcity and concerns for environmental impact resulting from industrial wastewater discharges place a high degree of importance on recycling and reuse of water, an increasingly valuable resource.
As stricter regulations, environmental sensitivity, and long-term water supply concerns increase, many industrial companies are reducing their operating water discharges with Zero Liquid Discharge technology.
Veolia is the ZLD plant supplier of choice for many industrial clients. Veolia has decades of innovation using waste water evaporation by zero discharge technology in many wastewater treatment applications including industry experience in volume reduction and ZLD solutions:
- Power Generation (fossil and nuclear fuel)
- Oil & Gas field produced water (conventional and unconventional)
- Oil & Gas Refining
- Chemical Processing and Manufacture
- SAGD (Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage, EOR)
- Mining and Ore Processing
- Industrial and Municipal Landfill
Veolia has the expertise to design and build wastewater reduction and ZLD solutions of any size, for various industries, anywhere in the world. Delivery of a project on a lump-sum, turnkey basis ensures that customers have a single point of responsibility. Veolia also specializes in the operation and maintenance of a zero discharge wastewater treatment system for a fixed term.
Process Experience for a Variety of Effluent Streams
Each effluent stream presents its own unique challenge when designing an entire ZLD plant process to efficiently and effectively minimize waste or eliminate the discharge of wastewater in the environment by using ZLD solutions.
In order to clean water in industrial sectors, a recovery solution needs quality equipment and services. Veolia's approach in the treatment and management of these streams include specification and complete ZLD system design utilizing water treatment expertise from Veolia Water Technologies such as ZLD desalination, deoiling, softening, clarification, and filtration for the following processes:
- Membrane System Reject (NF, MF, UF, RO)
- Cooling Tower Blowdown
- Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) Blowdown / Purge
- Produced Water (Conventional, Fracking, SAGD)
- Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) Gray Water
- Mine Drainage
- Refinery, Gas to Liquid (GTL), and Coal to Chemical (CTX) Wastewaters
- Scrubber Blowdown
- Demineralization Waste
- Landfill Leachate
Featured Resources & Information