Industrial wastewater may contain metals that can be toxic to aquatic life.
Veolia Water Technologies offers specialized water treatment solutions that treat water and efficiently remove a wide range of contaminants including aluminum, antimony, arsenic, cadmium, copper, iron, lead, manganese, nickel, zinc and more.
New environmental regulations, such as stricter water discharge requirements, are regularly imposed on industry. It is imperative that industries comply with these regulations to not only avoid costly fines, but to ensure that their social license to operate remains intact.
Selecting A Metals Removal Processes
When evaluating metals removal treatment options, there are a number of parameters the client must consider, such as:
- Water quality, including metal speciation
- Discharge limits
- Waste handling limitation
- Budget constraints
- Time constraints
- Footprint available
- Ease of operation and manpower requirement
Metals can be removed from wastewater through a variety of treatment processes including:
- Precipitation (hydroxide, sulfide, …)
- Surface Complexation
- Ion Exchange Resins
- Special Medias
- Biological (for oxidation/reduction of metals)
- UF or MF for insoluble metals
- NF or RO for soluble metals
Featured Resources & Information