Plant-based biofuels are part of a growing market. Facing the disappearance of fossil fuels, Veolia Water Technologies is committed to industries that focus on green fuels. Our technologies allow customers to treat wastewater while finding value in used food oils and greases.
Veolia Water Technologies is committed to developing biofuels
Biofuel development is a major tool in the fight against greenhouse gas emissions. Climate change linked to the release of CO2 and the depletion of fossil fuel reserves make biofuel a key resource for the future.
With our commitment to sustainable development, Veolia Water Technologies puts its know-how at the centre of innovation efforts for renewable energies. The energy potential of biomass encourages our teams of researchers and engineers to implement innovative processes to serve the planet and our customers.
The boom in biofuels on the global industrial landscape is creating new obligations for professionals – specifically related to the imperatives of the energy transition. Adaptation and evolution are the buzzwords of this sector, and Veolia Water Technologies supports all its customers in these changes.
What does Veolia Water Technologies offer?
As a technology innovator, Veolia Water Technologies has a keen understanding of the importance of biofuel development. We support this industrial challenge with our technologies, and create tailor-made solutions to suit all needs.
Veolia Water Technologies produces clarified water by pretreatment, via the Actiflo™ process. We produce purified water, demineralized water and osmosis water which can be used for the creation and supply of boilers and cooling towers.
Veolia Water Technologies is also a leader in evaporation technologies. Our high performance HPD Evaporation & Crystillization Technology concentrates feedstocks by up to 50% and reduces energy requirements for the drying stages.
In an increasingly competitive sector, Veolia Water Technologies can also offer our bioethanol industrial partners innovative solutions to facilitate the operation of ethanol evaporation plants.
Our biofuel technologies
Our proprietary technologies are specifically designed to take advantage of biofuel opportunities. Veolia Water Technologies has efficient processes for isolating and harvesting usable greases to transform them into fuel. This allows us to create value while treating wastewater.
- Biothane Anaerobic Technologies is a technology designed to treat wastewater, converting pollutants into biogas.
- HPD Evaporation / Crystallization Technologies are able to concentrate feedstocks, improve operational efficiency, while minimizing fouling.
- Hydrex™ Corn Oil Additives product line provide superior demulsification of spent residual oil in thin stillage, as well as improves the quality of the oil recovered.
- Neosep biologically treats effluents from industries and public authorities. This innovative solution combines membrane processes for water treatment and activated sludge treatments.
- Actiflo™, a lamellar settling process using weighted flocs. This patented high-speed clarifier is exclusive to Veolia Water Technologies. Actiflo has over a thousand references worldwide, having proved its effectiveness in local communities and industries for more than 25 years.
All these technologies help improve our sustainable development expertise. The circular economy is a pillar of our business, thanks to the water technologies developed by Veolia Waters Technologies.