A Veolia-patented high-performance water clarifier for municipal and industrial water treatment.
Designed to further enhance water quality, ACTIFLO® Softening combines in a single compact treatment unit both clarification and softening operations to reduce water alkalinity and hardness. At the same time, the process removes other water components such as silica, heavy metals, fluorides and phosphates as well as TSS (Total Suspended Solids) and organic matter.
Rapid and efficient, ACTIFLO® Softening produces very high quality water.
ACTIFLO® Softening is an ideal solution for many industrial and municipal applications:
- Surface and groundwater softening for drinking water production
- Water pre-treatment to avoid potential membrane scaling
- Water production for cooling tower make-up
- Water recycling for cooling tower sidestream
- Treatment of produced water in the Oil & Gas industry
- SAGD (Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage) water treatment for reuse
- Wastewater treatment of flue gas desulfurization and acid mine drainage
- Wastewater reuse in the steel and metal industry
- Phosphorus co-precipitation
- Very small footprint: ACTIFLO® Softening is up to 10 times smaller than conventional softening processes
- High rise rate: Up to 120 m/h
- Retrofit: Can be easily implemented in existing tanks
- Enhanced chemical precipitation with Turbomix™ draft tube
- Minimizes coagulant consumption due to solids precipitation with calcium carbonates
- Sludge up to 8% dry solids; can be easily thickened and dewatered
- Easy start-up: Within few minutes
- Plant-wide automation: ACTIFLO® Softening can be fully automated and integrated into existing plants
|Inlet Hardness||150 - 1,000 mg/l as CaCO3|
|Rise Rate||Up to 120 m/h|
|Clarified Water||< 35 mg/l Calcium as CaCO3
< 50 mg/l Magnesium CaCO3
|Clarified Water TSS||< 3 mg/l|
|Clarify Water Turbidity||< 1 NTU|
Actiflo® Softening is equipped with:
- A softening tank with TurbomixTM draft tube and recycling of carbonates sludge
- A coagulation tank
- A flocculation tank with TurbomixTM
- A settling tank with lamella and scraper
- A recirculation line with "MA" hydrocyclone
- Athy, Kildare, Ireland - 29,000 m3/d (2014)
- EDF Bouchain, France - 26,000 m3/d (2014)
- ENEL Spa, Porto Tolle, Italy - 27,000 m3/d (2014)
- Grande Raffinerie Oranaise de Sucre (GROS), Oran, Algeria - 1,000 m3/d (2014)
- Vale, Long Harbour Processing Plant, NL, Canada - 29,000 m³/d (2013)
- Abengoa Solana, Gila Bend, AZ, USA - 23,000 m3/d (2013)
- JIFCO Sulfuric and Phosphoric Plant, Eshidya, Jordan - 13,000 m3/d (2013)
- Laurier Station, QC, Canada - 2,000 m³/d (2011)
- Gahard, France - 2,000 m³/d (2011)
- Coca Cola, Yoli de Acapulco, Mexico - 2,400 m³/d (2009)
Resources & Product range
Actiflo® Pack (MINI series)
A very compact and fully standardized clarifier package plant used for various applications such as drinking and process water, municipal and industrial wastewater and reuse. Its net flow is from 3 to 7 cubic meters per hour (m3/h) (drinking and process water) and from 3 to 15 m3/h (wastewater).
Clarification and Flotation
A two-in-one, ready-to-use system designed to adjust to substantial fluctuations in wastewater flows. It can operate as a conventional lamella clarifier in times of low flow or as a coagulation/flocculation with settling ballasted and micro sand in times of high flow.
Clarification and Flotation
A polishing solution designed to achieve high removal levels of suspended solids and phosphorus in municipal and industrial wastewater for water reuse. It combines two treatment processes: a conventional Actiflo phase followed by a rotating disc filter polishing system for tertiary treatment.
This technology combines the features and the efficiency of standard Actiflo with the adsorption qualities of activated carbon to remove compounds that are refractory to water clarification. Thanks to powdered activated carbon, it ensures the production of high-quality drinking.